Recommendations for exterior Cleaning / Maintenance - Yamaha Forums
Welcome to the unofficial Yamaha Forums community! Please Register to gain full access and remove the Ads! it's FREE!    

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 06-25-2016, 10:31 AM Thread Starter

Question Recommendations for exterior Cleaning / Maintenance

Just bought a 2016 VX Cruiser HO and a VX Deluxe. Both are great!

As you know, both have white seating platforms that no doubt, with time & use, will get dirty. What is everyone using to clean them? Any product recommendations?

Also, the exterior hull/surfaces easily get water spots that develop. What is the best product to use to clean them up and keep it nice and clean? Would you use the same products you would use to polish your car? Is the paint clear-coated like a car?

Sorry for the newbie questions - just don't want to assume anything and make a stupid mistake. Thanks for any advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-20-2016, 01:48 AM

Hey I have same issues on white seat and water spots on black hull. I just bought a vx ho cruiser like you and have 23hrs on it. Did the 10 maintace and ski goes about 58-60 at 7000rpm's. Read where I should get 65mph and 7500rpm's. Riding half tank and weight 175lbs. Was wonder how ur vx ho is running compared to this. Thanks
post #3 of 5 Old 07-20-2016, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Ralph -

Short of taking it out of the water and washing it normally with Dawn detergent, I bought a spray bottle of Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Hard Water Spot Remover which actually worked pretty well. Then I put a polish on and finished it with a detail spray. I'm hoping the next water spots don't stick or at least come off easy.

As far as speed, I only have 15-20 hours on the Cruiser HO, but I've gotten it up to 65 (at least I saw it flash 65, wasn't maintained), and on smooth water can keep it in the low 60's without too much problem, and I weigh 230! My guess it's probably a tuning issue.

Have fun!

post #4 of 5 Old 10-13-2016, 10:25 AM

Hello:

I have the same machine and have no spotting issues at all. IMO, avoid using dish soap. It is WAY too harsh and is designed to remove grease, but it does have sheeting agents in it which is generally citric acid. You can get the same, exact affect but adding a little jet-dry to any automotive or marine based wash, without the harshness of a dish soap.

I use 303 vinyl cleaner and treatment. I also use a stellar product made by Honda. Its in a spray can, is pretty cheap and works amazing. You can also use in on the seats and on the plastic. I get ZERO water spots on my black machine after I wash it off. The key is to have a healthy coating of wax and the Honda spray contains carnuba wax.

IF, you get water spots that you can't remove, take some vinegar dilute with water, and add a few drops of jet dry (it will help with the sheeting and drying process). Just rinse off and the spots will vanish and you won't even have to dry the machine.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-13-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralphmullerjr View Post
Hey I have same issues on white seat and water spots on black hull. I just bought a vx ho cruiser like you and have 23hrs on it. Did the 10 maintace and ski goes about 58-60 at 7000rpm's. Read where I should get 65mph and 7500rpm's. Riding half tank and weight 175lbs. Was wonder how ur vx ho is running compared to this. Thanks
I am 200 lbs....I have hit 61.8 mph with GPS on glass on a full tank.

I don;t think there is any way that this is a 65mph ski unless a three year is driving it. But hey...I am losing some weight, so maybe on an empty tank, I will get some more top end.

If you don;t know, Yamaha changed the hull design in 2015. The VX hull improvements cost some top end, but made the craft better handling.

As a point, I can run in chop and I still can hit 60. I would expect with less load, I should probably hit 63.

Also, the rev limiter I think is set at 7400 and not 7000. BUT the dash tac is probably not 100% accurate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement