clutch kit - Yamaha Forums
Welcome to the unofficial Yamaha Forums community! Please Register to gain full access and remove the Ads! it's FREE!    

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 Old 05-29-2016, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

clutch kit

hi I have a 2005 Yamaha Kodiak 450 4x4 I was feeling like the belt was slipping so I decided to order a high lifter clutch kit an new belt. this clutch kit came with new secondary spring new weights for rollers an new springs for the wet clutch. I went through installed all the new parts put everything back on exactly how I took it off I even marked everything to be back exact the same way. well once I put everything back together filled it up with oil cranked it up an got a loud clacking noise like something off balance an hitting something. turned it off did what instructions said took it all apart double checked everything. I found no play or scrubbing marks. the clutch kit came with all the same weights for the primary clutch so I wouldn't think that would throw it off because they all are in place right an the same weight any suggestion would be great thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement